A robust Work Health, Safety and Environmental management system (HSE) supports all work carried out by GeoSiam. Our policies, procedures and standards are designed to meet or exceed all legal requirements. We are determined to provide a safe, healthy work environment for all personnel and contractors operating at our offices and all work sites.
Safety is the starting point of every project that GeoSiam undertakes, and this includes provision of appropriate personal protective equipment, effective tools, regularly tested equipment and safety audits. Drug and alcohol policies are strictly enforced and safety training is as thorough as possible.
Our commitment is to ensure all of the following:
- Safe and healthy workplace for all employees at all our sites.
- Protection of the public from any potential effects of our operations.
- Compliance with Government requirements and standards.
- Both corporate and management focus on HSE matters as routine management activities.
- Encouraging and promoting an internal workplace culture in which all employees share this responsibility and commitment.
- Using various risk management strategies to identify & manage potential risk in the workplace.
- Using a systematic approach to HSE to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and standards.
- Pursue a zero harm policy to people and environment.
- Continue to promote the world’s best practice for activities within our industry.
- Provide appropriate OH&S training to all employees as required.
- Provide information and supervision as required to enable our employees to perform their work in a safe and healthy manner.
- Encouraging consultation with all stakeholders to enable continuous improvement to existing systems based on practical implementation and observation.
Up gradation of HSE procedures are ongoing, with the aim of continual improvements in health and safety performance. All team members have undergone advanced first-aid training and have the following responsibilities:
- Protecting their own safety and that of their fellow workers
- Compliance with the GeoSiam HSE Policy and Manual
- Recognising safety as both an individual and management responsibility
- Participating in promotion and development of safe work practices